Saturday, January 27, 2007

Me vs high heels

After finally I can get rid of steel toe boots or so called safety boots from my day to day attire and got a chance to wear all kind of fashionable ladies foot attires a.k.a high heel shoes, my feet are killing me.. slowly... I started to get blisters on my sensitive feet. One of my lady colleague told me that I will get used to it, but I'm not really sure about that.

Now.. if I may ask a question to any shoe designers who might read this post, why does fashionable shoes decrease the comfort level to zero? Most of the lady shoes sold nowadays are high heels. And guess what? They do have this feet comforter sold as well... somekind of soft pads to avoid blisters, or makes us ladies feel more comfortable wearing high heels. So it's a common knowledge that high heels mean blisters. I don't know why it was even designed in the first place except to make us feel not too short when standing beside men. I don't think that gives a significant added value either as we don't need to be tall to feel beautiful.

But well....fashion is fashion. It will still be a fashion as long as ladies are still eager to wear it. One more thing I don't quite understand. How can they stand so long and walk that fast without hurting their poor feet and legs (mind you) for the whole day. I'm impressed...

If you ever got a chance to see my shoe and sandals collections (not that they're a lot but they're still worth mentioning), and compare how fast they wear.. you'll know my preference between high and no heels foot attire.
So why I still buy those high heels shoes ?? I have no idea... it's just an impulse to do so. Maybe that's one of the reason why it survived in the fashion evolution all these years. Hehehe...my husband is actually sitting beside me, mocking ladies with their passion with shoes. I kinda agree with him... but I'm still a lady after all... I can't resist pretty shoes and sandals eventhough I can count how often I will ever use them.

What to say... I still love my feet and will always prefer them to be comfortable. Fashion be damned ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Dian, you can always be the pioneer of "the first lady who wear safety boots in office & feel sexy, comfy plus safe". Now go ahead & clean up the boots, time to put them up for good use once more...!!! Hahaha

Anonymous said...

No pain no gain. That is a price that women should pay for the name of fashion and beauty. I kind of agree with Francis' comment. It will be nice seeing women wear safety boot in office. Though little heavy, it is nice, more comfort than high heels, and could be useful to kick someone's a**.. hehehe...

Dian said...

Thanks for the suggestion Francis, but no thanks :) I can't imagine wearing those heavy boots in the office. I will really become the center of attention...hahahaha