Monday, January 19, 2009

Father-Son Bonding

As a typical weekend, I was planning to sleep a bit late last Saturday because I wanted to watch Bolton vs. United match. So, I stocked my sleep in the afternoon to be able to stay awake at least until 2 am.

It was 10pm; my wife and son were in bed already, though he would wake up around midnight as usual. As I waited for the match, I switched on my PS3 and continued pursuing my second career as a Hull City young striker.

But my son had another idea. Just before the match he woke up. I gave him breast milk that my wife had put in storage. And after drinking about 80cc, he looked sleepy. But he was not, or probably he just couldn't sleep. He always woke up again as I tried to lay him down on his cot. And yet he wasn't hungry. He was already full.

So, in that evening, I watched the match, holding my son. Yes, indeed, it was his first football match. In fact, he looked at the TV while I was holding him (although I’m not so sure what he really looked at). He stayed awake until about 2am, and went to sleep after I gave him another 90cc milk. With full tummy and relief feeling (because United leap-frog Liverpool and goes to top of the competition league table), he went asleep, and so did I.

by Maman

2 comments:

Dian said...

The baby only cares for his full tummy, nothing to do with the football match result. In fact, he is doing that night shift quite regularly nowadays.

Anonymous said...

Since I had been away for the whole weekdays, he missed me and want to spend saturday evening to watch his first football match with his daddy.
I'd rather to see in that way :)