Friday, January 16, 2009

Perfect Moment

In the middle of me dozing off during the emergency caesarian section, the anaestethist told me that my baby would come out soon in seconds. Obviously I was half conscious, even though the doctor only gave me epidural which allowed me to wake up during the operation.

But still...I was so sleepy and couldn't keep my eyes open. It was combination of me being exhausted after a whole day of contraction and not feeling a single pain anymore below my waist at that moment, and the time of day that showed 2:49 in the morning. Of course I would doze off easily. But hearing the doctor told me that my baby was out, and being cleaned at that moment made me anxious to see him immediately.

Not too long after, I got him in my arms while the doctor continued their business with my open belly. The moment I saw and hugged him...my feeling was overwhelmed. I couldn't describe it with words. He was soo.. perfect in my eyes eventhough he was still covered with little bit of blood. I fell in love instantly to my little precious baby boy. He just stared at me with his eyes open. Such clear eyes he has, staring back at me. It was such a perfect moment.

I just hugged him until the nurse took him to the nursery and I dozed off again without knowing when the doctor stitch me up, or when they took me back to my room.

But nevermind that. I got my perfect moment with my baby boy and nothing would ever replace that moment in my memory.

No comments: