Thursday, November 08, 2007

Deepavali Holiday

What this day really meant to me is actually that today is a holiday!!! Horeee.... And finally, I got to swim again after a whole month of swimming forbidding in the fasting month. Well that was over a month ago, so why I didn't start earlier?

Hmm...the major delay here is because I keep contemplating the perfect weather to swim. The best condition is when the sun shines brightly that makes the water quite warm. Now when you're staying in KL this time of year, you will rarely find this kind of weather in the afternoon or after work hours. More often than not, the day will be cloudy or even raining. Not really a good time to swim, at least for me. I rather curl in the warmth of my condo than freeze in the water.



But today was the the day, and really wonderful it was. How I missed swimming. Especially since I have managed to get the strokes right. How you can enjoy swimming in a daylight. Hmm...despite the fact that I can't really master the floating movement, but hey...I can enjoy swimming already.

Right..enough on my swimming joy. I was thinking to talk about this Deepavali thing. So..what I know about this Indian celebration is that it's a celebration of light. What does it means ? I have really no idea. But for sure, I won't know that they celebrate this day if I'm only to live in my country. We had enough celebrations to share the holidays, what's another celebration of light?

To prove the point of this whole light thingy, I can easily bet that last midnight, the Indian populations in KL will surely welcome it with fireworks. And fireworks indeed can be seen all across KL. That's the beauty of having to stay in 18th floor. You can enjoy most of the fireworks shooting into the sky from several nodes across the town clearly without any other high rise building to cover the view. You would also definitely notice it because of their explosion sounds.
Have a nice Deepavali holiday everyone !!


The unique Indian decoration to welcome Deepavali

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe....jangan banyak bergaul ma org India!!! nanti jadi bauuu

Dian said...

huehehehe....ya gimana lagi, di KL ini kan banyak orang india nyaa...