Saturday, November 10, 2007

Portabello Mushroom

The first time I tasted this mushroom was in UK few years back. The classic English breakfast was egg, toasted bread, tomato, and mushroom. Well at least these were the ones they can offer us in the hotel restaurant, such a small hotel it was. And since I tried the mushroom for the first time, I fell in love with the rich taste. I didn't know what kind of mushroom they fried midly with just a little bit of cooking oil, but I ordered it every morning since then.

Few months ago, after I have got chance to finally work in a big city with supermarket that supplies western foods, and finally got a chance to think what I want to cook at home, I found these different sorts of mushrooms. And finally I found this portabello mushroom. Just out of curiousity, I bought it, and try to cook it. Really I was mesmerized by the fact that it has the same taste as the mushrooms back there in UK. So this is the one, I thought. Portabello...woww...I've never realized.

So now, this mushroom become one of the must buy items whenever I go shopping in this supermarket. And it also become one of my routine breakfast menu in the weekends. Well, just because I had more time to cook it. Too bad my husband doesn't really like it. Except if it was smeared on top of a beef steak of course, such a steak lover as he is.

2 comments:

shanin's mom said...

Dian,
this is my schoolmate from high school, right?

a few months ago, an SLB engineer named dian permatasari, sent me an email. and i thought she was you...hehehe. All clear after she came to my office...

so, where are u now?

Dian said...

Hi Ratih....yep...high school classmate indeed. I'm in KL for the time being. Who knows where I'll end up in the next few years :p