Saturday, February 10, 2007

Last job as field engineer

As you might guess....I'm no longer a field engineer since the end of 2006. Somehow the reality hit me hard enough. How can it not be ? I have been working in the field from April 2002 to the end of 2006, almost 5 years since I graduated from my unforgettable almamater (ITB), adopting its lifestyle which I quite enjoy, not the least, enjoying the $$$ and benefits which comes hand in hand. Really....not complaining at all. Well...except offcourse to spend most of my time apart from my husband and family.

That is why I have decided to move on while the opportunity was given to me. Which then has given me one last job on the rig. And it happened to be in one of the most expensive rig in deepwater Sarawak, Malaysia. The last job for myself, and also the last job for my team on that rig since we have lost the contract to our competitor.

Anyway, if you're in my position, what would you like to do in your last job ? Make it as memorable as possible and as successfully as possible. That was my goal.

Alhamdulillah, no major incident happened in my full 4 weeks job, and at least I got something special to remember. Special mention of my team in Rover weekly review, and out of nowhere I won the weekly STOP card award. Well...not really out of nowhere as I have to actually submit the STOP card and fill it properly...but I got myself a laptop backpack from Newfield Malaysia....not bad at all as my farewell job.


Thanks a lot to my last crew members : Francis (for being so dependable in every single job), Jeremy (for most of the dedicated small yet important tasks you've done), Chris (somehow we always ran into each other and assigned in the same rig since I was still just a trainee), and Mark (for his cooperation in the job and insights of the real world :p).


I will always remember every and each of my colleagues and crew members that have worked together with me on the same rig. We've become closer as friends than just a colleague because of that. Lots of memory I can cherish while working with you friends...and it will stay in my heart. I will really miss working with you guys....D&M field engineers...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe I remember you talked about this when we were still in Balikpapan .. you said that after 5 years, there will be a chance to choose between field and office, now your dream come true, right? I'am happy for you.. hope all the best for you and your family, yan ...

Dian said...

It's not really my dream...but like it or not, it's time for me to settle down ;) I think you know exactly what I mean...seeing me dissapeared for one whole month from "kos2an"...not exactly an ideal world for a wife!! hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Mo jadi apa skr Jeng?

Jeffry Syam said...

Mo jadi apa skr Jeng?

Dian said...

huehehehe...jeffry...long time no see...sekarang ini lagi LAT school, on my way to LWD ID/WP ID. Rasanya masih males nih berpolitik di management ;)

Anonymous said...

hi dian,
Nice experience,
from field to office,..conggrat friend.

I hope i can visit you sometime. we have one affiliate in seremban.
BTW, I am glad talking

see you later.
aji